June 16, 2009

You got the CT? What? Chip Tricks? Carpal Tunnel? Yeah...I got both.

June 16, 2009



So the other day, my dear friend Addy came across an awesome youtube video made by Skd1337 on how to shuffle chips (Btw, this talented user teaches all sorts of chip tricks on youtube).

Now Addy, being a fast learner, was flipping and shuffling like a pro in no time. Me, on the other hand... well, I have a small hand :( but that means I'm excused for being a slower learner...

You see, i think poker chip tricks are hot (dont know why) but they're also a lot of fun to do. They give me the impression that if you can do them, then you probably spend a lot of time at poker tables and got some skill with the cards.

What I've learned in the past few days is that learning the chip tricks is not that difficult. The techniques are fairly straight forward -- perfecting them is the hard part because its mostly a matter of practicing until you get the feeeeeeel for it...and that feel is usually pain, followed by numbness, then comes the swollen fingers, let's not forget the sore wrists, AND if you keep practicing, you will finally be successful.

Or you'll find yourself with carpal-tunnel. Whichever one comes first I guess.


6 comments:

mcwolf said...

once i learned how to shuffle chips - i can't stop doing that - right hand is busy with mouse and left with shuffling chips...man this is addicting...

Unknown said...

I think a chick with chip trick skills is intimidating. Big ups to you for learning with your LEFT HAND!! I know it takes practice and you do put in the time. All day long it's clickety-clack with you. Keep up the good work.
Now it's time to work on that poker face...

Anabella said...

I gotta agree....chip tricks ARE hot...to be honest I don't have the poker game down as well as most of you yet...but I'm determined to learn chip flipping..i figure if im at a table flipping and shuffling my chips..no one will know i have no clue how to play(lol)...the technique is SIMPLE....just a matter of practicing...;)

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm Glad you like my videos!

Take It Easy!

SKD1337

Melody said...

@ skd1337
Love your videos. Right now I'm trying to master the knuckle roll. It's soooooooo hard.

Big D said...

Vert cute!

Post a Comment

 
Chick with Chips © 2008. Design by Pocket