June 13, 2009

Poke Her Face v.s. PokerFace

June 13, 2009


Who here has NOT heard Lady Gaga's Poker Face Song?

....to all those with your hands up...put them down. YOU'RE LYING!

It's amazing how much this song just got stuck in my head and never went away. Everywhere I went, every hand I play, I was going P-P-P-POKER FACE P-P-POKER FACE Mu Mu Mu Mah! 

I'm sure it has done the same thing to you too. Don't be shy boys, you know you secretly (some openly I'm sure) love it too... 

Anyway, after about a week of being bombarded with this song on every single radio station, I had this eureka moment! I was like "Holy sh*T(excuse my language but this is how it went down)"...anyway where was I...OH YEAH, "Holy sh*T WhatTheMuck should do a Poker Face parody."

So I sat down with Ethan, my good friend/the best animator on this side of town, pulled up youtube and pinned his eye lids back CLOCKWORK ORANGE style and made him watch the Poker Face video over and over and over and over until his was a changed man...until he could bust out Lady Gaga's actual dance moves! 

"That's great and all...but what do we do with it?" was my biggest criticism once the dance was done. My friends had a point. We have this cool parody of Lady Gaga but no reason for it. 

So I did what any great artist in dire need of inspiration does...shots of Patron. And with my other good friend Addy & we came up with this quick intro story to the dance. It's not bad...well at least you can't tell we were drunk when we wrote it. But the final product turned out pretty SWEET!

You can check it out HERE if you'd like ;) 

P.S. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope Lady Gaga doesn't sue me...but for crying out loud WhatTheMuck is entirely non-profit, that's got to count for something right? Mu Mu Mu Mah! 

8 comments:

Addison (AKA Addy...sigh) said...

Ha ha you were more drunk than I was. But good job, I find myself knowing way to many words from the Poker Face song now.

Aritumo Udi said...

Even though I do not really know how to play poker, I must say that this was pretty funny!

Definitely much beter than the Lady Gaga song lol

poke her face said...

how do you make lady gaga cry? POKE HER FACE! haha... i LOVED it...rather watch this than the actual video..im dyin to share the link with people lol.

Anonymous said...

hahaha funny video. never thought of it like that

Melody said...

Haha, never thought of it like that either. Poke Her face and make her cry...mean or funny, I dunno...maybe both.

Addison said...

So I hear the song poker face is about her having sex with a guy but really she is thinking of another girl and the guy has no idea, Hence he "can't read her poker face"

Thoughts any one?

VCabreza said...

"So I hear the song poker face is about her having sex with a guy but really she is thinking of another girl and the guy has no idea, Hence he "can't read her poker face"

Thoughts any one?"


I really like this theory behind the song!

Big D said...

Great post.

Post a Comment

 
Chick with Chips © 2008. Design by Pocket